A question of allegiances, ethics or money

Quick addition to what everyone else has said: Don't just go to the B&H website by typing in the URL or googling. Support you favorite photo website (like this one, or any others that have helped you) by clicking the link on their site and buying that way.

This should let you buy from a larger retailer while still scratching your ethical itch.

Great feedback...more than I expected. I bought my initial setup locally (body, 2 lenses, filters, extra battery, bag, another lens, bits & pieces). They were close enough in price to the on-line sites. Also I figured if there was a problem, I could go back to them.

Now I'm adding to the collection in dribbs and drabbs. Since B&H specialize in photographic gear, my ethical dilema might be resolved. I ordered a few books from Amazon before I realized I was a member at Barnes & Noble. It happens.

Thanks again.

I don't buy anything on line. It is too easy to hack credit card or financial info. from online transactions. My friend even had her identity stolen.

skieur

Identity theft and credit card fraud are not necessarily the same animal. That kinda crap does happen, but you're much more likely to be low-jacked rather than high-teched. At the most, check your card details, your only responsible for the first $50 bucks. I work out of my house in a rural area and know when the mail is delivered. I make it a point to get it ASAP. That's where the trouble lies, IMO.

Agreed, the bigger problem is stolen mail, not credit card numbers from an internet transaction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back