A question on ASA using a Rolleiflex

jondamaschke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

I'm currently using, or attempting to use, a Rolleiflex 3.5 MX-EVS. After loading the camera with Kodak 400 Tmax 120 film, I realized that I didn't know how to properly set the ASA to match the ISO speed of the film. The ASA only goes up to 165 (I have researched ASA and ISO and gathered that they are the same). Since I do not have an option of using ASA 400 on my camera, what is the best thing I can do when using 400 ISO film?

Thanks for your time,

Jon

That is only a film reminder on the MV-EXS. It doesn't do anything other than remind you - so if you can remember which film you have in, you've lost nothing.

You can use the exposure guide on the back. Look up the EV for 100 ASA and add 2.

Thanks Helen.

Thanks for the response. So, to be clear, I would need to switch the DIN to 23?

Thanks for the response. So, to be clear, I would need to switch the DIN to 23? DIN 21 = 100 ASA.

Thanks for the response. So, to be clear, I would need to switch the DIN to 23?

What are you trying to achieve? The camera has no meter so, as I mentioned above, it doesn't matter what the dial is set to. It makes no difference.

Doubling the ASA rating adds three to the DIN rating, so 23 deg DIN (or 23 deg ISO) is 160 ASA (or 160 ISO). 400 is 27 degrees DIN as already mentioned.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back