A rare fall day

FreeTheWeasel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings,

I've been lurking for quite some time and I'd like to ask for your criticism. I've taken a lot of photos since my first 35 mm in 1986, and a few have come out not terribly, but I'm trying to be more deliberate now. I'd like to move beyond the accidental photo worth sharing.

The following photos were taken with a Panasonic GH4, 42.5mm f/1.2. natural light and a reflector. They saw light editing in Photos for the Mac. I have zero skill with a more sophisticated editing program. I have dabbled with GIMP, but I tend to do more harm to the photo than good.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

1)

2)

Thank you.

FreeTheWeasel

Last edited:
Really nice. I like colours but hard to watch them. They are so big. Maybe you should resize it before post here.

Really nice. I like colours but hard to watch them. They are so big. Maybe you should resize it before post here.

Thank you for your comments. My apologies for the size. They were auto scaled on my web browser. I have edited my post to make them smaller. If they are still too large, please let me know.

FreeTheWeasel

Last edited:

Thank you for your comments. My apologies for the size. They were auto scaled on my web browser. I have edited my post to make them smaller. If they are still too large, please let me know.

Geoff
No problem all my pleasure. Try resize your pictures to about 1000px on long edge.

I like both of those very much. Clever composition on the first one in particular. On #1, I would pull back on the highlights on her left cheek (to our right as we view it). Light is on the edge of blowing out right there.

Wonderful shots!

I like both of those very much. Clever composition on the first one in particular. On #1, I would pull back on the highlights on her left cheek (to our right as we view it). Light is on the edge of blowing out right there.

Wonderful shots!

Thank you. I appreciate your comments. I agree about the left cheek. I'll have to see if I can recover the information but I'm afraid there may not be much to bring back. Alas, this is where my inexperience with photo editing is going to be a problem.

As far as the composition on #1, it was a happy accident. My daughter was goofing around, turned her head in the wrong direction, and I starting yelling "Don't move!" :)

FreeTheWeasel

Most reactions

New Topics

Back