a real use for a web site

dispic1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this was hanging from my shed, spaning about 4 feet. we dont have poisonous spiders in the UK, but i think this spider looks like its waiting for a bite to eat!

100_3491-1.jpg

for a 'snap shot' its good. but if you intend to publish this on a website (as the thread name suggests) you need to recover some of the detail on the spider, it is a little over exposed.

it was a snap shot!!!i didnt realise it had be professional and touched up. i dont have a fancy camera and photoshop, so im afraid what you see is what you get.

just curious, any reason for the sarcasm?

Last edited:
I'm afraid I don't see why you snapped back at D Eyes... What he (or she) said is fairly accurate, it is an interesting photo, however it is also over exposed and the spider has little detail.

If you're just going to show this to family and friends and even here it's fine, he's (or she) is just saying that if you're trying to get it in a magazine it would need some work first. If you're just showing it cause it looks cool then so be it, it's fine. No one is going after you so just settle down.

no sniping was intended, but not everyone has the luxury of equipment that will enhance a photo. i put it in this forum as it was a wildlife photo. next time i will post it on a different board.

i am settled down, but when a photo is called a snap shot in inverted comma's, when there is no need, you will find it does grate a little, and i had no intention of it being published.

i welcome some advise, but as i have said it was a snap shot and i thought people might like to see it.

This really isnt a boad that loves to see "snap shots". Maybe sometimes, but mostly not. I would say next time, if it isnt a decent photography-esk picture, and is a 'family picture', post somewhere else for your own sake. Ive made that mistake one too many times. :lol:

Mark

i put snap shot in quotes because i was not sure if it was one or not. and usually one of the main advangages/intentions of even posting a photo in a forum like this is to get some constructive criticism on what you post. so no, it doesnt have to look professional but im sure all of us here are all striving to better our photography and thus we all take some flak for what we post some times.

if you want to post snap shots (no quotes) and have people comment on how its cool that you saw a spider, then may i suggest sticking to flickr or another image hosting forum type deal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back