A Rebel In Ruins

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Earlier this month I had a long awaited reunion with my favorite photography subject—my best friend. We explored an abandoned space near his new residence in Illinois and captured some pretty cool shots. I've genuinely missed these photo shoots since he relocated from Oregon to Illinois earlier this year, so it was great to hang out and be creative with him again after not seeing each other for several months. Our shoots are really just meant to be fun for the sake of making something, and typically I like to use shoots like this to experiment a bit with lighting and color toning. Typically he likes to use these shoots to bolster his dating profiles. :D

Canon 5D MKIII, Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens, available light.

1anLJuW.jpg

tkHQ2oy.jpg

cDn7alp.jpg

1O3Gan7.jpg

t9DiHbN.jpg

And one for those of you will will inevitably want him to put a shirt on.
pxNe7ZL.jpg

Great set! I had to laugh at the dating profile comment. He's a good looking guy and has turned into a fun model, too! The lighting is warm and lovely in these.

What a gorgeous old building. The flooring and windows in #6 are begging to be photographed!

Very nice series. I like them all except 2 and 6. The highlighted BG is a bit distracting for me and it might be worth slightly pulling down the mid tones in the second.

Great set! I had to laugh at the dating profile comment. He's a good looking guy and has turned into a fun model, too! The lighting is warm and lovely in these.

What a gorgeous old building. The flooring and windows in #6 are begging to be photographed!
Thank you. Vinnie tells me that my photos of him often go over very well with the ladies lol.

Very nice series. I like them all except 2 and 6. The highlighted BG is a bit distracting for me and it might be worth slightly pulling down the mid tones in the second.
Thanks John. I'm not really aiming for technical perfection, and personally I enjoy the bright backgrounds in those shots. I did indeed try different versions of those edits with "proper" exposures on the backgrounds, but I think the result sterilized those shots.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back