Temple, in studio.

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Temple is one of my favorite models to work with. I have done two location shoots with him prior to this one, and he always brings a great creative energy and sense of style to every shoot, including this one. It really helps me a lot when someone is skilled at being photographed like he is, because it minimizes the amount of directing that I have to do significantly, allowing me to focus more on lighting and other details.

Canon 5D MKIII, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 lens and a Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 Soft Focus lens, with soft focus disabled.

364A2713 copy.jpg

364A2709 copy.jpg

364A2722 copy.jpg

364A2564 copy.jpg

364A2572 copy.jpg

364A2598 copy 2.jpg

364A2585 copy.jpg

364A2363 copy.jpg

364A2144 copy.jpg

And proof that I do in fact photograph models when they're smiling... sometimes.
364A2158 copy.jpg

These are gorgeous! I feel like I recognize this model; have you posted pics of Temple here before?

He certainly knows the camera loves him! Beautiful lighting and a great model. 👍

@jeffashman I absolutely agree with his smile. @terri He has that look like he should be modeling for the big time mags, doesn’t he?

Dan, he should be proud to have these in his portfolio, and whichever of you gets rich first needs to remember the other monetarily, because you both are professional.

Top notch work Dan. #8 love the eyes. I've noticed in your photos (previous too) that you must have a good rapport with the models. They look natural and not forced.

Thanks for sharing your settings. What is turning off soft focus?

Really nice set.

These are gorgeous! I feel like I recognize this model; have you posted pics of Temple here before?

He certainly knows the camera loves him! Beautiful lighting and a great model. 👍
Thank you.

I posted a photo of him a few months ago in this thread: A Few Recent Portraits

I also posted a photo from this shoot in this thread: Recent Work

@jeffashman I absolutely agree with his smile. @terri He has that look like he should be modeling for the big time mags, doesn’t he?

Dan, he should be proud to have these in his portfolio, and whichever of you gets rich first needs to remember the other monetarily, because you both are professional.
Thank you so much. I can only hope!

Top notch work Dan. #8 love the eyes. I've noticed in your photos (previous too) that you must have a good rapport with the models. They look natural and not forced.

Thanks for sharing your settings. What is turning off soft focus?
Thank you. I've worked with him a couple of times before this and we work well together.

Soft focus is a setting that is on my 135mm lens, which can be turned on or off, and has various levels of strength that I can choose from if I do decide to use the function, but so far I haven't had a desire to use the setting since buying the lens about a year ago.

Most reactions

Back