A recent senior

I advised her against the harsh sunlight of the middle of the day, but she insisted that was the only time she could do it. A reflector/diffusor helped, but its still rather harsh.

You don't have a dedicated flash? That would have helped loads with dealing with your light problem, which I think unfortunately has taken away from these shots - as well as the color cast issue that was pointed out.

However, if she was happy with them then great. In future though, try (dunno what your climate is like) to get these people up and out early in the morning or in much better shaded locations. Or get a flash.

I have a 430 ex speedlight flash, but im still learning how to use it.

The combination of the shirt/bra she was wearing is distracting to me. The bra line is quite visible and somehow makes it a bit off for me.

GT

The combination of the shirt/bra she was wearing is distracting to me. The bra line is quite visible and somehow makes it a bit off for me.

GT
This was completely out of my control, while asking some close friends for critique, they said the same, but im not good enough in photoshop to correct this. It was distracting to me as well.

#3 is my favorite even though the subject is tilted and she is missing some hands.
Nice smile and beautiful bokeh; I'd crop and keep the goodies.

I'm liking #1 the best. It's an unusual perspective, so it's grabbing, but she's still an approachable model so I don't hurry off to the next picture.

Nice shots but sharpness in the pictures is defintely lacking. What mode are you shooting in? Especially #4 a close like that you would expect to see either her eye or the rose is in clear focus.

Just my 2 cents

Nice shots but sharpness in the pictures is defintely lacking. What mode are you shooting in? Especially #4 a close like that you would expect to see either her eye or the rose is in clear focus.

Just my 2 cents

I was shooting in either full manual mode or Av i think.
Like i said above, my sigma 24-60 that these were taken with is having some focus issues, i just need some time to send it to sigma.

Most reactions

Back