~ A RIGHT PROPER AFTERNOON ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC07020_Fotor.jpg

~ A Right Proper Afternoon ~ So me good Mate Fred and his wife Kathleen, joined meself and me wife Lisa on a grand walk with our Labrador Retrievers this morn. Sufficiently tuckered and hungry, we returned to our home and sampled some succulents out on our rear deck. Fred and I delighted in some tall stouts kept company by a few drams o' Proper Twelve. The ladies sipped some foo foo cocktails that would likely curl me toes for being sickeningly sweet.

The warm sun above was cut short by a large umbrella hovering o'er our table. Lisa had prepared some wonderful appetizers that led to a course o' thick juicy beef burgers and chicken breasts served with sides o' summer squash and a pasta salad.

The conversation flowed with the comfort o' that tempered by a friendship o'er thirty years or a wee bit more. A light breeze kept us all sufficiently cool despite the warming of the sun, our retrievers seeking shade under our table, hopeful for the occasional morsel o' food that might fall from above. We joked and laughed as a selection o' fine tunes played by Gaelic Storm provided background music for our enjoyment.

Many fine memories shared in the recollection o' times spent together traveling, hiking, attending concerts, and sharing the ups and downs that life has bestowed upon us. Yes indeed, t'was a right proper afternoon.

Slainte,
Mike ☘️

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back