A Romeo and Juliet Story

Wayfarer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These three were taken awhile back now. We, the model is a friend Tom, found an abandoned Coast Guard shack and went "Oh yeah!" After the neck brake tumble through chest high brush, if any of you ever wandered through high beach grass you know how much of a pain it can be, we finally got to it.

After poking our noses around a bit, I was reminded of a variation to a story I once heard. In short, there was once a Navel Officer and his bride. During war time, the Officer had to leave his love to serve his country. But his young wife swore to him that she would wait on the cliffs everyday, looking to the sea, praying for his safe return. The story tells how she waited for days, weeks, months, years. All with no word from her love. She took her life.

Years later, the young man returns from the POW camp, to the cliffs where his love was to wait, only to be told by a passerby that she committed suicide because she though her love abandoned her. The man went to the cliffs, and sat. For days he sat, wrestling with himself trying to forgive what he held himself accountable for. He never did. And after a few weeks, he too took his life.

I was trying to go for a very lonely almost lost type of feeling. At least, that what it does to me, though others, I havn't any idea what it might evoke.

If ya every stumble across these Tommy, thanks for being my first guinea p..., ahem, model!

As always, if anyone has any idea as to what I might be able to improve on, I would be forever in debt.

Moral of the story? When on a long trip, remember to call home every now and then.

As for the images, I liked the first two. Number three just seems like a rehash of the second one. I don't like the wider perspective.

I doubt Prisoner of War camps care about phonecalls to loves pining away at home...

I like 2, and the fact that the silhouetter is so clear!

Most reactions

Back