What's new

A Room with a View

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 18, 2011
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
318
Location
Southern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Two weeks ago I went climbing around the mountaineers route on Mt. Whitney. This was the view from my campsite, not bad eh?

Whitney%20Camp.jpg
 
I think the forum needs to mountaineering junkies! :p
 
Nice view! I think you may have exposed for the sky and left the rest a touch under exposed as a result.

i-33gnLww-L.jpg
 
Sooo.... Where's Sasquash?
 
For me the tent is stuck in the image like a soar thumb, I like the mountan and sky and the tent just doesnt belong in the picture.
 
I would have moved back to have the whole tent in the shot, plus a little extra room.


Looks like a fun place though!
 
Pretty epic location! I agree with the other guys about the tent. Being either fully in or out of the shot would maybe have given a more complete feel. I think the exposure is okay though, maybe a touch low but hey!
 
Thanks, I guess I should have brought along my 14-24 instead of my 24-70, couldnt get wide enough! Or if I wasnt lazy I could have stitched a pano, lesson learned I suppose. (There was a cliff behind me, no backing up! :p)
 
The darker exposure and orientation is fine; the tent is essential and would look best fully in the frame with an ambient inner glow to add some warmth.

Nice shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom