What's new

A rose by any other name...

Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
123
Reaction score
69
Location
Perth, Western Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Would smell as sweet.

My favourite rose, in all its glory. I'm glad I captured this before the really hot weather started to set in.

i-mXtxpvT-X3.jpg
 
Wow, stunning. Busy, but that gives it an abstract feel. Love this. Great shot.
 
I personally don't like that harsh light and that's the only thing I see in this photo.

I think if you shot this with natural light you would get nicer color tones, without harsh shadows
 
Not bad, my only "nit" is that the petals in the upper right corner are blown out. I think it might have tried to centre it more in the frame - that small "brownish" spot looks like the centre of the flower - I would have put it in the centre of the frame, but as you say, each to his own. One suggestion - if you are going to do more photographing in harsh light, you might want to get a diffuser to hold over the flower while you take the shot. This would soften the harsh shadows and distribute the light more evenly over the subject, assuming this is a daylight shot. HTH.

WesternGuy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom