A Rose in the Ofiice

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
a patient gave one of my staff this rose. I'm probably just bored but I like the way this turned out.

DSC01738re650.jpg

I like the picture and DOF alot...the background is kinda bussy though...its kinda distracting to have the woman and all the computers and stuff in the background....good shot though

Great concept drdan. I do agree with Zac about the busy background. It's still a good shot though. I like the play on shadows on the rose.

The busy background works perfectly for me, because it's apparent that this girl is the recipient of the rose. Even the way she is holding one hand up to her mouth gives the impression she is surprised by the appearance of the flower. So it's almost like a little story, and without this background suggestion, it wouldn't be the same image. I like it!

And I just gotta say, this photo looks WAY too much like my own office's administrative area. :wink: I've been in this biz too long, I think - I can pick off an appointment book at 20 paces. :p

Right Terri, the woman was the recipient and I was trying to get her in the background. The colors are a little yellow but there is a lot of light wood and yellow-brown formica in the background and the rose was closer to dark peach than red. I mainly liked the unexpected appearance of a perfect little rose in that busy work area.

Perhaps the yellow light is the horrid medical lighting

There are worse places to see a light shining at you in the medical office. Think about it. :p (teasing)

But I know what you're saying, Karalee. Office lights can be so garish. I think Dan did an excellent job going for the warm tones, even though it is a might yellow, it's broken up by the colors in the background and the rose dominates the foreground.

Most reactions

Back