A sand piper in the mud.

FITBMX

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went on a hike down to a pond close by the other day. But all I really saw was this little guy. :)
C&C welcome!

10-1-15 046.jpg

10-1-15 053.jpg

Okay I also saw these ducks. ;)
10-1-15 066.jpg

Well, technically, you saw a plover, not a sandpiper. ;)
That's a Killdeer.

'Em are ducks alright, though.

I like the second one the best. Killdeer are adorable photo subjects, with those big pretty eyes.

That's a Killdeer.

I like the second one the best. Killdeer are adorable photo subjects, with those big pretty eyes.

I was taking a shot at saying "Sandpiper" Because I don't know my birds at all! But I can spot a duck! ;)

That's a Killdeer.

I was taking a shot at saying "Sandpiper" Because I don't know my birds at all! But I can spot a duck! ;)

Helpful hint: If it's smallish and you see it near water...call it a shorebird. :D

The duck photo is quite nice.

That's a Killdeer.

Helpful hint: If it's smallish and you see it near water...call it a shorebird. :D

In Kansas it is more like a mudbird. I can't really think of shorebirds in KS, that just seems like something that should be on the coast!:lol:

That's a Killdeer.

In Kansas it is more like a mudbird. I can't really think of shorebirds in KS, that just seems like something that should be on the coast!:lol:

Ha! I know what you mean--Tennessee is not exactly rife with coastline. :lol:

i think that might be a mud piper lol.. nice shot.

Most reactions

Back