A Sequnce of Experimentation

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Simple shot of some aluminum canoes, a locking cable threaded in the forefront. The first shot is somewhat of a straight shot with a little levels masking to darken the otherwise mundane background.

$9600518147_4b5a7d5a00_o.jpg

So, I think perhaps it might look better as a B&W, so I convert to B&W in my adjustments panel, and later add a Silver Efex Pro2 layer set at High Structure, Smooth, dusting out some of the harsher highlights with a black layer mask.

$9600518141_7028058f8e_o.jpg

I'm not unhappy with the B&W version, especially after adding a bit of a GND effect to the top to make the background less obvious, but still not greatly enthused with the end product. Next, I took the finished B&W and copied it atop the color version, set the blend to luminosity and decreased the opacity to around 65%, built a mask and dusted through to some of the better highlights in the SEP layer...

$9603752626_743d735816_o.jpg

So, which do you like best?

I don't know. They are OK either way. When i can't tell I make prints and set them up on the ledger for a day or two and look at them everytime I pass by. Nice processing anyway!

i like the 3rd the best. the b&w picture i feel does not work for it, its almost a b&w by itself except for the little bit of color in the photo, i might try de-saturating it a bit to tone the yellows down a bit but still leaving them in there

Most reactions

New Topics

Back