A slice of the Big Apple

dsiglin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From a recent NYC trip. The middle photo was taken with my phone and as it turns out is very similar to a famous scene from Once Upon A Time In America. Bottom one if from the staten island ferry so sadly it was a little blurry.
C&C welcome.

$NYC9bw.jpg

$Path 2013-10-28 1757.jpg

$NYC2.JPG

The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
I really hate to say this but I like all three of them.

The first, I think, would be better without the burnt in (?) section at top. That causes me to try and figure it out and makes the skyscraper look imperfect. I would better see these as a perfect building with the fuzzy humans below.

I think the second might profit from a little brighter reflections in the cars so that it resonates with the bridge above more.

The third is just damn warm and pleasant to see, I think. Could be sharper but so what.

All in all, for me, a really nice trio.
Hope you had a good time in my favorite city in the world.

OP
dsiglin

dsiglin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I hate to hear you like all them ;) I had some great food while I was there so I'm happy. Went with my wife and her sister/sister's husband. Introduced brother-in-law to schwarma via a Halal cart on 56th and 6th. Had some amazing fried dumplings as well from a place that sells them 4 to the dollar.

That ice skating photo I changed to B&W on a whim. In the color version I think there is a nice balance between the blue sky and the blue shadows of the ice, here's the color version:

$NYCalt1.JPG

I lightened up the cars a bit as you suggested:

$Path 2013-10-28 1757.jpg

I posted a few more NYC photos in this thread, more street photos.

Most reactions