A spring day in Boston - pic heavy

I noticed you use the Lensbaby velvet 56, probably my favorite lens for flowers. Just read in the Boston Globe that tulips have been planted in the Public garden since the 1840s! Beautiful photos!

I noticed you use the Lensbaby velvet 56, probably my favorite lens for flowers. Just read in the Boston Globe that tulips have been planted in the Public garden since the 1840s! Beautiful photos!

Yes I do have the LB56 and agree it’s a great lens for flowers. I didn’t have it with me that day but have used it many times for garden photography. Most of the photos in this thread were taken with the Fuji 16-80 f/4. It’s a great walk around lens and really excels at image stabilization if I’m hand holding. I was about a week early for the full tulips but I wanted to catch the cherry blossoms before they were gone. I may be back there tomorrow afternoon for a portrait session and will definitely bring the LB56 with me in case I have time for some tulip shots.

One of the best sets I've seen on the forum. Awesome photos.

One of the best sets I've seen on the forum. Awesome photos.

Wow thanks so much! that’s very flattering as I think that there are many talented people who post here. Much appreciate the nice feedback!

Most reactions

Back