A storm In The Great Smoky Mountains

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I drove over to the Great Smoky Mountains Sunday morning. I didn't know how my photos would be since it was supposed to rain all day. I actually ended up with some nice photos. A storm was rolling in over the mountains in the Cades Cove area of the Smokies. I can't wait until the Fall colors start changing. You can bet I will be there. The peak season for the Fall colors will be toward the end of October into mid November. Here is a collection of my Sunday shots.

Cades Cove (3 of 17).jpg

Cades Cove (8 of 17).jpg

Cades Cove (13 of 17).jpg

Cades Cove (14 of 17).jpg

Cades Cove (8 of 17).jpg

Cades Cove (9 of 17).jpg

Attachments

• Cades Cove (8 of 17).jpg
    Cades Cove (8 of 17).jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Beautiful set! I'll be in the mountains of WVA and Western VA at the end of the month, on my way to Richmond to visit my brother. I'll have to remember to take some time to get some pix.

I grew up in Southern WV. The colors should be breath taking. The Shenandoah Valley is beautiful this time of the year.

I grew up in Southern WV. The colors should be breath taking. The Shenandoah Valley is beautiful this time of the year.
I'll be on I-64, so might try to find a way to get a shot of the New River Gorge. I've always wanted to stop, but Dayton, OH to Richmond, VA is a long drive.

Smokies are always beautiful, but throw in some angry skies over the mountains, and it's a winning combination. I have a few like that from that exact same spot.

Nice set, stormy skies can sometimes make for a better pic with it's dimmed light and dark, ominous clouds.

Nice set. I've been there many times but not with those skies.

Most reactions

Back