A stump for C&C

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not very proficient in my B&W edits. Usually every one is a craps shoot. How's the final product on this one?

70-200 @ 155mm, f/5, 1/250, ISO 320
Edited in LR5 (this is actually a game, you pick each others nail, get one swing per turn, who ever gets the nail in first wins)
9094558874_d09447f989_b.jpg

If the handle didn't have any words on it, and maybe was a little more banged up, I would think this was a medieval photo. That's the impression I got when I first saw it anyway.

As for the technicals, the background kind of bugs me. it seems over sharpened or something, high contrast. The handle also seems a bit over exposed. Don't listen to my technical thoughts though since I'm a noob :D

If the handle didn't have any words on it, and maybe was a little more banged up, I would think this was a medieval photo. That's the impression I got when I first saw it anyway.

As for the technicals, the background kind of bugs me. it seems over sharpened or something, high contrast. The handle also seems a bit over exposed. Don't listen to my technical thoughts though since I'm a noob :D

I see what you mean with the background. The background naturally had significantly more contrast than the subject did. I actually did this edit first, then set it aside cause I thought it had too little contrast. Thing is, I've liked this edit better the whole time, I just convinced myself the lack of contrast would get picked apart. Anyway, this edit better?

9030351230_c5d607811c_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back