A Sunday in Snowdonia, North Wales

simonkit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.landscapephotographyuk.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had an early start to catch the sunrise in Snowdonia yesterday although the weather didn't exactly turn out as planned, I arrived to find heavy cloud and rain which fortunately broke slightly to give me a glimpse of light before the sunr rose. The weather improved steadily through the day though.

Llyn Padarn, Llanberis just before sunrise

and Llyn Padarn just after sunrise

A place I've not photographed before but one that a bit of a "must have" for Snowdonia, Swallow Falls.. not easy to get a decent shot of

Last of the day, Llyn Dinas.. quickly becoming a favourite location of mine

These are not bad at all. In the first two, the lakeshore forms a pseudo-horizon for your image. It is tilted very slightly to the left and this is a bit disconcerting, but it is fairly easy to correct. For me, the crop in the third one is a little tight, but that may just be me because when I look at the image, the right side looks a little tight. The water needs a small amount of space to "flow into".

Two other points to think about: 1) you would make it easier for reviewers to refer to your images if you numbered them; 2) the watermark is very distracting. If you are going to watermark your images, then all that is needed is a copyright symbol, the year and your name. It is usually best to place the watermark along the bottom or side of the picture and use a small font so that the watermark does not detract from the image.

WesternGuy

Wonderful place Snowdonia, I will come back there one day for sure. The images are wonderful as well, especially the first two. I am not sure if the grass (or what is it) on the foreground (or shall I say fore water) is necessary here. I think maybe it would look cleaner if you would lose the grass and put the horizon closer to 1/3. But this is a matter of taste, great images nevertheless.

Beautiful photos i love the last one the 3rd is good too .

Two other points to think about: 1) you would make it easier for reviewers to refer to your images if you numbered them; 2) the watermark is very distracting. If you are going to watermark your images, then all that is needed is a copyright symbol, the year and your name. It is usually best to place the watermark along the bottom or side of the picture and use a small font so that the watermark does not detract from the image.

WesternGuy

I've made this suggestion to Simon before on another forum, because while his photography is great, for me the watermarks detract from the shots. They are just too distracting.

The first two are my favourite.

Last edited:

WesternGuy

I've made this suggestion to Simon before on another forum, because while his photography is great, for me the watermarks detract from the shots. They are just too distracting.

The first two are my favourite.

Thanks for letting me know. I am glad I am not the only one to comment on it.

WesternGuy

Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments...

I did consider a crop of the foreground on 1 and 2 to make it comply more with the 3rds "rule" but didn't feel as though the image was as strong so even though both are nearly a 50-50 split I think they work better.

Comments noted about the watermarks but I've deliberated about it much and due to past events decided they are unfortunately necessary

Simon

Most reactions

New Topics

Back