A tale of two golden retriever shots

Peeb

Semi-automatic Mediocrity Generator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK- just got the scans in from my latest roll of film (agfa vista plus color) and there were several including Riley (our 10 month old golden retriever puppy).

My first thought, after seeing this shot was that she is REALLY growing up- looking like a grown up girl here!
portrait.jpg

Yeah, our idiotic puppy days are pretty much behind us.

Then I scrolled a bit further and was reminded that we later had a very heavy rain storm.

With sheets and buckets of rain.

Cascading off of our roof into the backyard.

Where Riley was waiting...

wharrgarbl.jpg

OK, maybe we still have a few idiotic puppy days to endure.

But she is still a good girl!

Pretty girl!

Pretty girl!
Ha ha- yeah, when she is not up to her elbows in mischief (which is always)!

She is a non-stop walking chewing machine, but maybe getting (a little) better? I'm nuts about this breed- why else would one endure the continual destruction of socks???

@Peeb When we got our first Britt( Millie) she was wide open, into everything. She was almost a year old before she realized her name wasn't Dammit. Just after her 1st birthday I asked our Vet when he thought she might settle down. Vet: "maybe another 8 or 9". Me: "months?". Vet: "years". Proud to say she was wide open right up to the end at just after her 14th birrhday.

@Peeb When we got our first Britt( Millie) she was wide open, into everything. She was almost a year old before she realized her name wasn't Dammit. Just after her 1st birthday I asked our Vet when he thought she might settle down. Vet: "maybe another 8 or 9". Me: "months?". Vet: "years". Proud to say she was wide open right up to the end at just after her 14th birrhday.
Ha ha! I know what you mean about 'alternate' names!

Guess we will wait another 8 or 9 and see how we do!! Millie sounded like a real special dog.

I've always believed that we don't find our furry soul mates, but rather they find us. I would venture to say that you have been "Found".

I don't see the fascination in socks. Our lab will very carefully steal one and then start thumping around the house like an idiot. If you've stolen something, don't announce it.

I don't see the fascination in socks. Our lab will very carefully steal one and then start thumping around the house like an idiot. If you've stolen something, don't announce it.

When we built this house 11 years ago we went with lever handles thinking it would be easier for us as we got older. What we didn't realize was that it would also make it easier for our mischievous little Britt "Millie" to also open doors. Any door without a lock on it was fair game for her. Unfortunately the bedroom closet where the clothes hampers were stored didn't have a lock. I usually had to make a daily trip through the house to collect my socks. The most irritating and embarrassing trick was when we had company and she thought she was not the center of attention. She would go to the closet, root through the hamper and find a pair of the wife's underwear. She'd then run through the middle of your company flipping them up and catching them. Caused more than a few red faced moments (especially if the company was from church).

Last edited:
I have a dream. It is not a very big dream. Just once would I like to own a pair of socks that did not have a hole in them. Oh yeah, our two Goldens have destroyed 6 Direct TV remotes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back