What's new

A Temporary Resident

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 16, 2005
Messages
2,905
Reaction score
85
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Every year, this little guy comes and visists my place around September 16th on the dot. Sure enough, yesturday, I spotted him sleeping in the exact same spot as he has for a few yaers before. I am currently borrowing/strongly thinking about buying, a 100m Macro lens, so this was the perfect oppurtunity. Great lens. Different subejct.

Both these photos are relatively the same, but I am still going to post both, as they vary slightly. Too see the detail you can view the first bigger at http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=44079697&size=o&context=photostream and the second at http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=44079678&size=o&context=photostream . There, you will see my focus was a bit off. (By what.. a whole 1mm and it ruins the photo. ahh)

Enjoy! :D

44079697_5b6c878d0a.jpg


44079678_f3e8814fb8.jpg
 
Just a little *bump*
 
Bat? I didn't realise that the fur was so course.
Just a shame you couldn't get slightly more 'face-on' to the little guy. You made me smile anyway.
 
Thanks for the comments. If there are any more people looking at this, feel free to post.

Just a little story behind the photo. I spotted this guy yesturday (Well. I guess it would be a couple days ago),a nd when I went to photograph him yesturday, my 70-300 just wasn't fast enough. So I grab the 'new' 100mm f/2.8 (yeah!), and start shooting. Well, I am way to far away for anything worthwhile. I bring out the 6 foot ladder and climb pretty much to the top of that. By this time, I must have been no more than 2 feet away. So as I sit up there happily clicking away, it comes to mind... "Holy Cow, if this guy flies, I am going down as well, along with my camera." I made a hasty retreat, and ended up with these. Poor guy though probably thought he was going to be eaten up by the camera.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom