What's new

A Tree

pisto1981

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 23, 2013
Messages
313
Reaction score
33
Location
Daventry
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Can i please get some C&C on the below pic?


Tree (1 of 1) by Pisto1981, on Flickr

I had to edit it a fair bit to show the colour i wanted from the sky and the shadows on the tree while not overdoing the sun on the ground
 
I like it, the composition is visually pleasing with the tree in a good spot in the frame. And the colours are beautiful, nice job on whatever editing you did. Overall it's a well done landscape shot.
 
Thanks for your kind words BlackSheep. I was worried i may have overdone the colors :)
 
The distant objects seem quite soft. This could be atmosphere, or it could be not enough depth of field.

The composition is moderately nice. I like the tree. I am not seeing much else to love here, though, the background has a lot of things, but not much that holds my interest. The light would probably be more appealing either very early or very late in the day, and might add some visual drama to the background.

the horizon line appears tilted, which might just be due to the way the hills are arranged, but it's still a little visually disturbing.
 
I see what your saying about the DOF. I'm still learning so may go back and try again.

I understand the light would be better early am or late pm, but i was just passing and thought it would look nice

Thanks for comments though :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom