A trip threw time.

Kevin D Burns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DSCN2809.jpg

'through' did you mean? Doesn't look old other than the tones. Cds aren't a trip through time for me. I don't know the band name, maybe it's because I'm, too young...

I see you had records and tapes as the background... I think the CD is a bad subject. Use a record or something like that next time.

Seven, a trip threw time. starting with the Cd and back to the record. As a matter of fact why don't you not look at my images as i am seeing your not all that perceptive.
the Cd is in color because it is in time. The records and tapes are sepia because they are old.
why don't you post some of your work. All you do is talk smack. Nor do I care if you know the band.
who do you think you are to tell me or anyone what to do, child.

I still don't get that pun. Maybe my mind is too "childish". The CD is just so dominant, and it is the main focal point, I assumed it was the subject of the photo. I'm not saying I'm better than you or anyone else in any way, I'm just offering constructive criticism. I don't only say "this picture sucks" I offer suggestions. If you can't take it, don't read my posts.
Stupid Future Shop has held my camera for a month now so all I can do is look at other people's photos. I haven't been able to take new shots, so that's why I haven't been posting.

guys guys guys. let's keep this forum a flame-free abode *extinguishes fire*

Seven, i think in the future instead of telling Kevin what to do make suggestions by using words like 'maybe' and 'perhaps'.

Kevin, why is the title 'threw' and not 'through'?

I think its a good pic. Other than an 8 track is missing. :) And maybe now the cd would be shaded / B&W and Ipod or similar in color. ;)

Kevin D Burns said:
Seven, a trip threw time. starting with the Cd and back to the record. As a matter of fact why don't you not look at my images as i am seeing your not all that perceptive.
the Cd is in color because it is in time. The records and tapes are sepia because they are old.
why don't you post some of your work. All you do is talk smack. Nor do I care if you know the band.
who do you think you are to tell me or anyone what to do, child.

When you post a photo here it's open for comments. Seven was offering constructive criticism for your image. You don't have to like it, but attacking another member for their point of view isn't something we allow on TPF. Answering questions and explaining your vision is great, name calling isn't acceptable.

I still dont get the pun. And there is no MP3 player. Or is it MP4 these days?

Funny but I came in late and I got it after I read the explaination. And trust me on this, I'm pretty slow in these matters. It makes perfect sense after I got the images staight from the explaination.

This is a lot of why I do mostly poster art. The images that I do are sometimes pretty obscure and they need the one liner to explain them.

Now that is constructive I hope...

Great idea. I can see where you are going with this...maybe cause I grew up in the era of records and tapes. Too bad ya dont have an old 8 track tape to throw in there.:lol:

personally i like it.the cd captures my attention and think it is a crwative way to capture all the forms of listing to music that dealt with cirular motion through the past... also i think the title it very creative... way to step out of the box

Surely after all this you don't really need it explained.

The picture represents the passage of time through music. It shows the different periods of time, by showing the different methods of reproducing sound.

I could see time in reverse, very clearly, once I grasped the concept of time passage. Im not a music person and would never have used these images, but the record tape and cd are universal to everyone. They are symbols of different eras in this century. Also symbols in the evolution of music production and even music's own growth, not to mention the music culture.

I for one am a vinyl guy not because I am into music, but the period of time is more to my liking. I can relate the record to my life and what was happening at that time. Sorry but it makes a nice image if you spend the time to look at it as periods in your own life.

Please correct me if Im wrong Mr. Burns.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back