What's new

A Trip To The Ex.

Bynx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 8, 2008
Messages
2,801
Reaction score
365
Location
Just outside Toronto Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Canadian National Exhibition.

CNE Fountain



Day Ride



Nite Ride
 
Last edited:
Excellent; is third , a conversion of the second or the like or two shots in different times?

Regards :D
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
Different shots, different times, with different lenses. Here are a few more shots. The only thing missing is the noise of the crowd and the smell of the food.
 
Last edited:
One image is an HDR. Can you tell which one?

It's THAT one!! Duh!

Enjoyable shots. I liked the first shot in the second post, the one of the Ferris wheel at night. The last time I really "worked" a large fair I was a young man, and the 1980's were just kicking into gear...I shot with a Nikon FM and Kodachrome 64 rated at E.I. 80...I went thru some of the Kodachromes a few years ago to scan a few of the better frames...your fair photos brought back memories...seeing these shots of yours made me recall those old times. Thanks!
 
I'm going to go with the fountain but I'm probably wrong. That is the only one I can see as feasibly being shot without causing nightmare levels of ghosting
 
The fourth image is HDR. I used the deghosting feature to keep the crowd from moving and only let the ferris wheel turn. I wished it had turned a little faster for more of a blur. Without doing HDR the candy shop was really blown out.
 
I did not think crowds would turn out that well in HDR now I want to try it in the French Quarter.....The deghosting is done PP right I have not played with HRD as I am still working on the basics but I do have photomatix so I guess I should try to use it
 
The fountain is incredible!
 
The deghosting is the first part of Photomatix when doing your HDR. It asks you if there is movement and you select where. It then knows to allow only 1 image to show.
 
There is a sand sculpture display going on and the sculptors are still working on them. This was one of a few that I took. Awesome work -- in sand. He even poked holes through the head so the eyes had a lifelike eerie look from the light behind.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom