A try at selective coloring

cpeay

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not a fan of selective coloring but thought I would give it a try.
fall4-Edit-2.jpg

At least you selectively colored the subject instead of some random pointless detail like 80% of the SC photos people post.

I think its a graphically strong image. I like the gold on black. They really work nicely together.

It kind of has a fine art feel to it. Heh

You are in that .05% that made a selective color image appealing. The gold works well. My only knit is the scene feels tilted.

Yea, this is pretty cool, and I usually hate selective coloring.

I'm not a fan of most SC since, most often, the wrong thing is colored. I think this one works, as you picked the actual subject you want to draw attention to. The only thing that I see that I don't like is the ground under the trees being colored - it just looks unfinished to me. I think it would be better with just the trees in gold.

I'm not a fan of most SC since, most often, the wrong thing is colored. I think this one works, as you picked the actual subject you want to draw attention to. The only thing that I see that I don't like is the ground under the trees being colored - it just looks unfinished to me. I think it would be better with just the trees in gold.

I agree with this, I don't mind the trees, but with the ground being done right under them it makes me feel likd you just took a brush across the whole area.

I love it!! I even feel that the ground under the trees being coloured gives you the feeling of a warm, welcoming, sunlit environment amongst a cold stark one. Almost like a glimpse into a parallel universe.

To be honest, I had to look at this for a minute to realize that it was selectively colored. That may be why it works so well for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back