A Virgin in the woods

shady195

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Probably not the kind of virgin you were hoping for :sexywink:

This was one of those things that happend kind of random and before I even took my camera out of my bag I knew what I was going for and what it would look like when I was done. Theres actually 3-4 slight variations in how the color/lighting is of this photo as like an idiot I never saved an edited copy and had to redo and save for high quality prints. This is the one ive posted everywhere else so its the one I show off. I am personally very proud of this photo, its not pure by any means as it is heavily edited, but it carries an extremely eerie feling which I love. I have had a few people ask me for prints of this to hang in their home which I'm quite proud of :)

Virgin-Mary-016-XL.jpg

Outstanding composition... i really like how Mother Mary projects Herself from a dark back ground.... the lighting is classic here....

Regards :D

Last edited:
I don't comment on many, but look at a lot.

I feel I must compliment you on this one. Very nicely done.

It is so dark... I love it, is like it project evilness haha

Deleted by request.

Last edited:
Yes ,I was expecting something much different but this is very nice! I hope Mother Mary will understand and forgive me!!

AHotPhototaker said:
If it's okay I didn't see if your photos were okay to edit..I edited a little bit of it.

The contrast/eerieness is my favorite part of the original though...

shady195 said:
Probably not the kind of virgin you were hoping for :sexywink:

This was one of those things that happend kind of random and before I even took my camera out of my bag I knew what I was going for and what it would look like when I was done. Theres actually 3-4 slight variations in how the color/lighting is of this photo as like an idiot I never saved an edited copy and had to redo and save for high quality prints. This is the one ive posted everywhere else so its the one I show off. I am personally very proud of this photo, its not pure by any means as it is heavily edited, but it carries an extremely eerie feling which I love. I have had a few people ask me for prints of this to hang in their home which I'm quite proud of :)

To me this a symbol of hope in an almost hopeless world, very well done.

If it's okay I didn't see if your photos were okay to edit..I edited a little bit of it.

Ah thought I had that filled out. I would prefer if this one in particular was not, so for time being I set it to Not ok, I thought I did that originally. If you could get rid of your edit Id greatly appreciate it.

Thank you all for your words, I was not sure how others would like it.

I still think the statue is underexposed in the image. I know you were going for the dark, contrasty look, and while the statue stands out amongst the darkness, she's still underexposed imo.

Geaux, I appreciate the input. I do somewhat agree with you, though whenever I started playing with it I just felt like I was getting further and further away from the dark gritty look I was going for.

I hate to be the wrench in the system, but you guys myst have fallen off your rockers. This is an underexposed photo of a statue, in the forest. The background is the most interesting part. The statue just gets in the way. And is also crooked and unlevel.

:puts on flame-retardant suit:

:er:
Mark

Most reactions

Back