theraven

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.ravenphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

I signed up to Gurushots a while ago and I'm making my way up through the ranks (doing really well) but I'm stuck and I need to get a Gurupick to go to the next level (a Gurupick is when one of the guys who runs the website picks your photo as a favorite out of each challenge).

It's really frustrating haha! The website is fun though, there are real prizes and the voting is a hell of a lot fairer than most sites I've tried.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here was on Gurushots (feel free to follow/follow back etc) and if anyone had got a Gurupick yet? If so, share the picture below I would love to see what I need to be aiming for!

Here is the website if anyone isn't on there and would like to give it a go (it's 100% free and in the T&C's they do not own copyright to your photographs etc like most sites).

Jenna Goodwin thinks you've got what it takes!

Plenty of sites state users retain copyright and/or ownership, but read the section under Intellectual Property and the second paragraph under Submissions. If you submit to their site you're agreeing to allow them to use your intellectual property including the ability to transfer usage... You grant them a license to use, reproduce, distribute, etc. That seems to leave the door open for a lot of potential usage by the site ownership.

The site seems to have owners that are in Europe but it says the site is hosted in the US. I can't find an address so far, I can't tell if they have an office in the US or if they're a registered business anywhere. (To be a registered business in the US a company has to have a street address.)

They have some exhibits that have been displayed in cities in Europe but at most so far the one I looked at in Berlin looks like a pop up; the pictures all have people in winter coats looking at a bunch of photos randomly arranged on white walls... That doesn't look much like any sort of art center or gallery; and it says they do crowdsourcing etc. - I wonder if they want people basically pay to do this and they get photos put on a wall in a pop up temporary space.

Pop ups are a current trend but you gotta make sure they're legit. I sure don't see any US location or anything for the site saying it's hosted here.

Last edited:
I'm on it, barely. Signed up a couple weeks ago, haven't been able to really do much with work lately, but I'm there somewhere

Most reactions

Back