A Wedding From Yesterday - my first!

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
Hi all, had my first wedding yesterday as the official photographer - bit stressful, but I enjoyed it.

Just starting to process the images, and wanted to ask if this image looks ok - colour, brightness exposure etc. I'll post more when I get through them.

Thanks!

rp-1.jpg

Much better!

The only problem is that it doesn't feel upbeat.

Much better!

The only problem is that it doesn't feel upbeat.

heh - sorry about that, I'll check through the other 1000 and see what I got :wink:

Just a test image, it was the export from lightroom to photoshop that carried the prophoto rgb colour space, changed that to sRGB and that seems to carry the correct data across when it's saved as a jpeg as opposed to what happened in the first one, as PS will accept whatever you throw at it.

I thought some of my pics were coming out with dodgy colours on the net, now I know why!

Way better!
One suggestion...because everyone is just kinda looking around in the background, I'd crop in close.
It's just an idea.
Congrats on your first wedding! How was it?

Way better!
One suggestion...because everyone is just kinda looking around in the background, I'd crop in close.
It's just an idea.

Thanks Cindy, I'll give that a go - first thing was getting the colours and exposures right, now I know what was causing the dodginess, I can start playing!

Congrats on your first wedding! How was it?

It was a real challenge, January in Oxford is not the best month of the year for light - any light, and yesterday was torrential rain, dark and gloomy skies and a wedding that started about 45 minutes before dusk. All a challenge, and a good learning experience. I blew a couple of shots, going from inside to outside, but realised it and recovered them - next thing on the shopping list is a power pack for the flash!

Adrenaline kept me going I think, and I'm completely drained today but I did enjoy it and tomorrow, I'm going to see another couple about their wedding - in August this time, so better chance of day light!

second one is much better!!! nice capture actually, would agree with cindy that you could crop closer since no one is actually paying attention to them...or you could blur the background just a bit more and we wouldnt know!

Woohoo, congrats on getting the first one under your belt! I too like the skin tone much better in the second shot, and the green of his tie is discernable in the second one. But their hair colour has lightened ...did the bride have brown hair, or more auburn?

Most reactions

Back