A window through Time

Dave_D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I often look at this picture and wonder what and who might have been on the other side of it back when it was part of a building of its' time. I wonder how many people might have looked out of this window while they were working to see what the weather was like and so on. It is part of what's left of the Estelville Glass Works in south jersey.

Window-In-Time.jpg

I really like this photograph. It almost looks like the window is bricked up, until you see the bit of foliage. I have looked at this one for a long time and I still like it.........
Very well executed, great detail, contrast and tones. It just made me want to stare and explore the POV and detail.

Beautiful.......

Oops, oh dear.
Without crawdaddio's comment I would have continued to think it was a bricked-up window :oops:

Now I like this photo even more, for with crawdaddio's help I have learned to LOOK at it properly! Did you take it on black+white film originally or is this a conversion? If it is the latter, would the colour original give away sooner that this is indeed a view through a window to the inside of the glassworks ruins?

Yhe I thought it was bricked up too and the original comment even supports that idea. Very cool pic and I love yer thought behind it.
Nice one. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back