A Window

mimstrel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2900271655_93725a6bb9.jpg

I went out to take some photos today to get used to different lighting conditions (I'm re-learning film after many years of avoiding it). I liked the character of the wall and the window shutter with the texture from decades of people carving names and initials into the wood.
C&C welcome, please. Thanks.

I like that. I'm sure it would look good BIG. I'd like to see a shot just of the planks and carved names too.

Regards, Tony

I think this could be better with better lighting conditions. The lighting looks very harsh. I do like the idea of the shot.

Thank you both.

Tony - next time I go out I'll try finding a good shot of the boards/names. I also need to go out in the morning so I can get some light down the bluff... The rock face has also been carved by generations of people. Actually, there was enough light - but deep in the woods, on an east-facing wall, in late afternoon, it looked way too dark and I was shocked when the two shots I took there turned out (I was curious so I took the photos anyway).

Stogie - Yes, it was shot in late afternoon in one of the few places in the area where the sun isn't filtered through trees, so the lighting was harsh. But, the problem with lighting is probably mostly mine - its a little over-exposed, because I don't have a light meter on my camera (its a Nikkormat FTn... there IS a light meter, but I can't get the battery compartment open to replace the battery I took out).

Very interesting shot, I'm not sure if I like that it is too bright.

Thanks. I'll definitely be trying this one again under different conditions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back