a 'Yard in the Rocks'

Joel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sydpk.com
Hey, this is the 1st time i've posted one of my shots on here so be nice :) honest, but nice. it was taken in sydney in the Rocks... im heaps new to photography so tips or constructive critisism is more than welcome.

YardintheRocks.jpg

oh what a nice shot!

I like the contrast and B/W works best...

but I think the ladder is scary..hehehe

Nice contrast.
I love the B&W... it works really well for this shot.
Keep posting; we'd love to see more of your work :)

i like the overgrowth, it feels chaotic, yet tended to and orderly all at the same time... controlled chaos i guess... very interesting shot.

what a mess... i love it! this makes for a wonderful b&w... good job & welcome to tpf, can't wait to see more... :thumbup:

I would be interested to see more of the foreground if you have a chance to reshoot. i love all those pots at the bottom, was there many more? Maybe shoot more foreground and compose to the top of the door on the building because that is such an integral part of the shot with those "stairs"... just an idea, love this shot too though! :thumbup:

JTHPhoto, yeh i'd love to get back there some time. and i most likely will, just dunno when. only problem is there is a fience. that shot was taken with my just being able to get my eye over it. probably should be takin photo's or people's back yards haha, oh well. thanks for the tips :thumbup:

Great shot! I find my eyes going all over the place, noticing little interesting things throughout the photo. Looking at the stairs, that would be one heck of a first step to miss. ;)

Joel said:
JTHPhoto, yeh i'd love to get back there some time. and i most likely will, just dunno when. only problem is there is a fience. that shot was taken with my just being able to get my eye over it. probably should be takin photo's or people's back yards haha, oh well. thanks for the tips :thumbup:

yeah, those darn fences spoil all our fun... :grumpy:

again, great shot! :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back