a young nurse

DeepSpring

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshualights.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I knew its almost a month after but this one is from halloween. I just got the time to edit it this weekend My friends little sister.

mia5x7.jpg

Well... she's a cutie.

This sort lighting (from directly above) is not usually a good choice for people. While you do get some nice shaping, the shadows fall right below the brow, nose and chin, putting the eyes and teeth in shadow.

Looks like this image would benifit from a bit of sharpening too.

I think the background treatment worked out reasonably well.

Pete

The three things that stood out for me is In my opinion, which usually is pretty far from the current thinks is:

1: There doesn't appear to be enough light on her.
2: It looks as though you hand held it at a slow speed.
3: It seems to be cropped to loose.. One would usually try to crop her at the waist.

All that said it is a very nice choice of subjects and it is very appealing as an image.

Yes I did have to use a slow shutter speed. It was starting to get and her mom asked me if I could take a picture of her since she knows this is my thing. So this was outside and I didn't really have much control over the sun lol. Then I tried to make it a little special for her with adding a background because she is very helpful in my band and drives us all around.

Thank you for your replies

Sometimes those "spur of the moment" pictures don't turn out the way would like, but you tried. We learn from our mistakes. I'm sure she appreciates your efforts. Thanks for sharing!

Most reactions

Back