a zillion stars over Nauset lighthouse

I found your great photo by chance as I was researching an issue with my camera and joined the forum; first, to enable me to compliment your work and to also enjoy the benefits of the information sharing apparent here.
My family had a summer house in Eastham in the 50s & 60s when I was a kid. There was almost no light pollution at that time (Eastham had only one streetlight) and night sky's such as you captured were commonplace and awe inspiring. In the mid 90s, I watched as that lighthouse was very carefully moved about 400 yards inland as the constant erosion of the coastline was imperiling it's foundation.

Wonderful clear sky, very nice.

Thanks!

I found your great photo by chance as I was researching an issue with my camera and joined the forum; first, to enable me to compliment your work and to also enjoy the benefits of the information sharing apparent here.
My family had a summer house in Eastham in the 50s & 60s when I was a kid. There was almost no light pollution at that time (Eastham had only one streetlight) and night sky's such as you captured were commonplace and awe inspiring. In the mid 90s, I watched as that lighthouse was very carefully moved about 400 yards inland as the constant erosion of the coastline was imperiling it's foundation.

Welcome to the forum! Great story about the lighthouse Eastham is beautiful any time of year. Thanks for the lovely compliment!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back