Sunrise at Nubble Lighthouse

What a nice set. I often envy you your lighthouse images. I love them as a subject but there aren't that many easy opportunities in the UK.

Were you on a tripod? I was going to chase a sunrise this morning but had no target in mind. Not really sure where to go which is more then frustrating. I have a feeling there will be good color to the sky. Right now at 5:38 am....... RE your shots, I read some where a photographer waited over 10 years to get the same light on something he wanted to shoot again. Light is really like that. In that moment you may not see that light again........... Very nice work.

#4 for me. Nice use of the rule of thirds. Love your dedication to the craft. It reminds me of past landscape assignments that always required some travel. Luckily I'm only 20 min from the coast. Happy hunting.

Beautiful set! I really like #4, and #2 a close second.
Thanks Jeff!

I am going to select Number 4, Square Peg!!!

-James Mitchell, CPP
Thank you very much!

What a nice set. I often envy you your lighthouse images. I love them as a subject but there aren't that many easy opportunities in the UK.
Thanks! I’m very lucky living in eastern Massachusetts puts me close to the coasts of Maine, New Hampshire, Cape Cod and Rhode Island, all within 1-2 hrs drive. Now you’ve got me wondering exactly how many lighthouses are within a 2 hr drive of my home. I’ll get back to you!

Were you on a tripod? I was going to chase a sunrise this morning but had no target in mind. Not really sure where to go which is more then frustrating. I have a feeling there will be good color to the sky. Right now at 5:38 am....... RE your shots, I read some where a photographer waited over 10 years to get the same light on something he wanted to shoot again. Light is really like that. In that moment you may not see that light again........... Very nice work.
Thanks. I find it beneficial to revisit certain location as each time I can try to improve on previous shots.

If I decide where I’m going and pack everything up the night before it’s easy to just get up and go with no second guessing. Sometimes I’ll have an A and B location picked out and quickly decide based on an updated morning weather report which to go to. If I have to get up then get ready and pack my gear and try to figure out a good destination, it never works out.

Yes on a tripod for most but the sunburst was hand held.

#4 for me. Nice use of the rule of thirds. Love your dedication to the craft. It reminds me of past landscape assignments that always required some travel. Luckily I'm only 20 min from the coast. Happy hunting.
Thank you.

Most reactions

Back