a65 vs 77 auto focus worth another 500$ plus?

argieramos said:
Canon is using outdated and inferior sensors.Sad but it's true. Canon best aps-c couldn't even beat the Sony worst mirrorless, the Nex-3 in terms of Image Quality. It's a proven fact!
NEX 3 vs 7D – Who will win ? | Resensor - Alex Sierra's Lens and Camera Review
You see how inferior the Canon?

Yes, you are right: I went to your link and looked at ALL the sample photos. Fascinating shots of a AA battery, the side of a box of playing cards, and the side of a tube of Superglue!!!! It appears that the Sony NEX3 beats the Canon 7D at 200,800,and 1600 ISO, by a whisker, in terms of visible noise performace at those ISO settings. At 3200 ISO the Canon pulls ahead. It would be great if the guy doing this rinky-dink test had been able to get ACCURATE FOCUS on the Canon, but he managed to mess that up. So, with the Canon 7D a slight bit OOF, the Sony NEX3 appears to beat the Canon by 5 to 10 percent. So yeah, you are right, the Sony has perhaps a 10% advantage over the Canon 7D when the Canon is shot slightly out of focus, and is not re-focused through entire sequences. Great examples!!!

Smilesyota, did you find an a77 in stock somewhere ?

argieramos said:
Canon is using outdated and inferior sensors.Sad but it's true. Canon best aps-c couldn't even beat the Sony worst mirrorless, the Nex-3 in terms of Image Quality. It's a proven fact!
NEX 3 vs 7D – Who will win ? | Resensor - Alex Sierra's Lens and Camera Review
You see how inferior the Canon?

Yes, you are right: I went to your link and looked at ALL the sample photos. Fascinating shots of a AA battery, the side of a box of playing cards, and the side of a tube of Superglue!!!! It appears that the Sony NEX3 beats the Canon 7D at 200,800,and 1600 ISO, by a whisker, in terms of visible noise performace at those ISO settings. At 3200 ISO the Canon pulls ahead. It would be great if the guy doing this rinky-dink test had been able to get ACCURATE FOCUS on the Canon, but he managed to mess that up. So, with the Canon 7D a slight bit OOF, the Sony NEX3 appears to beat the Canon by 5 to 10 percent. So yeah, you are right, the Sony has perhaps a 10% advantage over the Canon 7D when the Canon is shot slightly out of focus, and is not re-focused through entire sequences. Great examples!!!

Amazing what some people will do to justify an opinion (or WISH)! lol!

Derrel said:

I never said anything about the noise performance. The guy even said that the 7d has slight edge on that. The NEX-3 just look way better overall, it's funny how make excuse that the tester didn't do the proper focusing on the 7D. Result from his test; http://www.resensor.com/2011/07/nex-3-vs-7d-who-will-win/

DPreview
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/studiocompare.asp#baseDir=%2Freviews_data&cameraDataSubdir=boxshot&indexFileName=boxshotindex.xml&presetsFileName=boxshotpresets.xml&showDescriptions=false&headerTitle=Studio%20scene&headerSubTitle=Standard%20studio%20scene%20comparison&masterCamera=canon_eos7d&masterSample=canon7d_nrstand_iso1600&slotsCount=4&slot0Camera=canon_eos7d&slot0Sample=canon7d_nrstand_iso1600&slot0DisableCameraSelection=true&slot0DisableSampleSelection=true&slot0LinkWithMaster=true&slot1Camera=sony_nex3&slot1Sample=nex3_nra_iso1600&x=0.1870532242724575&y=0.012879335046294507

Results are the same. Are you gonna tell me that DPreview also didn't focus properly? lol

In DXoMark, Nex-3 is also superior.. Not that much, but still superior.
The NEX-3 just better in IQ and that's a proven fact.

Last edited:
argieramos said:
That's like saying how little lens optical quality stats really mean in photography. Better lens is always better. Same as the sensor. :)

The lens has a lot more influence than the sensor.

cgipson1 said:

yea, just like you. lol

Argie,

your responses are infantile, childish and immature (yes.. I am heavily emphasizing that aspect, aren't I?). You carefully select what "reviews" you try to use to back up your statements (and you only use very biased reviews!). You respond to facts with incoherent rhetoric, and make very little sense. I think you may have a faint clue as to what LOGIC is, but have no idea how to apply it to your thinking! I suspect you are very young, and very inexperienced. I hope you grow up someday, and actually develop some intelligence, so that you can debate in a meaningful manner!

I wish you luck.. but for now, you are going on my IGNORE list where I put the rest of the childish, immature trolls! ;)

Nobody who feed these senseless flaming wars well beyond the scope of the original post can claim to any sort of maturity...

Nobody who feed these senseless flaming wars well beyond the scope of the original post can claim to any sort of maturity...

funny! You just fed it too, didn't you? I see SONY in your sig... I will IGNORE you too! :)

cgipson1 said:

yea, just like you. lol

Argie,

your responses are infantile, childish and immature (yes.. I am heavily emphasizing that aspect, aren't I?). You carefully select what "reviews" you try to use to back up your statements (and you only use very biased reviews!). You respond to facts with incoherent rhetoric, and make very little sense. I think you may have a faint clue as to what LOGIC is, but have no idea how to apply it to your thinking! I suspect you are very young, and very inexperienced. I hope you grow up someday, and actually develop some intelligence, so that you can debate in a meaningful manner!

I wish you luck.. but for now, you are going on my IGNORE list where I put the rest of the childish, immature trolls! ;)

Ignore me? Who asked you to talk to me anyway?. You wan't to just ignore me now because you can't handle me. I am too smart for you lol

Last edited:
argieramos said:
Are you blind bro? One of the comparison is not cropped. You didn't see that? lol...

Everyone I saw was 100% view. So one of them isn't. They picked one picture and made it slightly out of focus for the Sony fanboys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back