Aaaargh

desertrattm2r12

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I read how to post a photo on TPF. It is the most confusing thing I ever saw on the Internet. It makes Windows 10 look like a terrific thing which I thought was impossible. A propeller-head I ain't.

That post is pretty old... Now, in 2015, it is easy to click on UPLOAD A FILE, right there below the posting window, to the right of the POST REPLY button, and you can then point the file out on your local hard drive....orrrrr, you can now, in 2015, just literally drag a photo into a posting window and it like magic, will be attached!

The "old way" involved basically pasting in the URL, and also adding a couple of all-important bits of code/tags. But yeahhhhh, the old way of posting images, and the post associated with it, was...terrible.

Right now, I am going to literally drag and drop a screen cap, from my desktop, and into this posting window, right HERE, to this "X" and then BOOM< up pops this dialog,

How to Post a Picture on TPF.jpg

offering me the option of thumbnail, or full image:

Here, let me drag the screen capture of that stage right here to this "XXXX" location in this posting window!

XXXX
HOW TO POST A PIC-thumbnail or full image.jpg

And there you go...that's how to do the drag and drop method of uploading of image files to TPF!!!

Thanks. I thought I was nutos. Seemed so old fashioned, (Maybe I am a little wacko but that is astride the point),

Thanks. I thought I was nutos. Seemed so old fashioned, (Maybe I am a little wacko but that is astride the point),

FYI: It helps to be nutso and/or wacko here. You'll fit in better. :biglaugh:

I tried the method described in that old post, and realized that it contained errors. Amazingly, folks still link to that thread even though it doesn't make sense.

Just copy/paste the "share" url from Flickr or Photobucket.

Apologies, apologies!! That ancient thread is of absolutely no use anymore. It's not just that it's old, it was written for v Bulletin and TPF is now on xen Foro software. I've un-stuck that thread and it has sunk into oblivion.

Derrel, you're rocking it with that post, babe. If you felt like creating a new "how-to" thread for the Beginner's Forum just let me know, and I'll be happy to create a new sticky.

Sorry for the confusion!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back