What's new

The Quiet (Leaf photography)

nerwin1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
4,355
Reaction score
3,194
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was walking around and I saw this leaf and they way the sun was shining in through the forest canopy lighting up this leaf and the bark on this tree really caught my eye. I just thought it was a beautiful nature moment that most people don't notice or appreciate. I know it's not one of my best photos, I'm feeling a little bit rusty to be honest. I liked the way the leaf was looking in the sunlight and the contrast of the bark on the tree but I do feel like it's lacking something. For just about a year I tried my best to ignore things I'd notice when I was out shooting and now that I been practicing digital photography again more intentionally, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Nikon D750 + 50 1.8G at f/2.8, 1/320th, ISO 100

the quiet by Nicholas Erwin, on Flickr
 
I like it but I might crop it in a bit more on the left so I focus more on the leaf and tree lighting. But still great shot.
 
I like it but I might crop it in a bit more on the left so I focus more on the leaf and tree lighting. But still great shot.

Good call, I was considering that as well but I'm still getting accustomed to having a 4K screen so when I crop in, it looks so small on my screen but I have to keep telling myself that not everyone is viewing this on a high res screen! If I was able to, I would have got in closer but I couldn't.

Erwin-250612-91450-2.webp
 
That's much better to me it comes across more dramatic. Thanks for trying the change.
 
I was walking around and I saw this leaf and they way the sun was shining in through the forest canopy lighting up this leaf and the bark on this tree really caught my eye. I just thought it was a beautiful nature moment that most people don't notice or appreciate. I know it's not one of my best photos, I'm feeling a little bit rusty to be honest. I liked the way the leaf was looking in the sunlight and the contrast of the bark on the tree but I do feel like it's lacking something. For just about a year I tried my best to ignore things I'd notice when I was out shooting and now that I been practicing digital photography again more intentionally, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Nikon D750 + 50 1.8G at f/2.8, 1/320th, ISO 100

the quiet by Nicholas Erwin, on Flickr
Lovely image. What do you think about cropping down to below the light on the upper left, or just cloning it out? It draws my eye from the leaf.
 
Nice catch, I'd go with the 2nd crop, but raise the lighted area just a touch to solidify it's focal point.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom