Abandoned castle - surreal photo

sebastian83

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8059159823_8067269686_b.jpg

I took this picture while visiting an old abandoned castle. Tell me what you guys think.

I wouldn't call this a "castle". Interesting lighting effects. If you were trying to evoke thoughts of a haunting, it might work better to have the model more transparent.

Do you have any shots of the entire castle? Just curious.

I didn`t want to evoke thoughts of a haunting, I was thinking more like ... light versus darkness, good versus evil. It was a castle but now it`s in a very bad shape. It used to be very luxurious on the inside but everything of value was stolen during the war and the rest was set on fire.

Not that relevant, but I can't tell if this is straight. It seems like it is one second but then it looks skew the next. Is it or are my eyes playing games again

Not that relevant, but I can't tell if this is straight. It seems like it is one second but then it looks skew the next. Is it or are my eyes playing games again

I don`t know what to say, I didn`t used a tripod but I tried to do my best to take it straight. It might also be the building that`s a bit off

You're right, it is not straight.

You're also right about it not being relevant, according to some on here.

@sebastian83 The ground and base is straight. The positioning or building make it appear otherwise. Sorry if I came out like I was nitpicking - I was just trying to work out if I was seeing things.

@Designer Not sure if you really like straight images and feel people don't take this basic seriously enough, or if it doesn't matter at all and you think I'm nitpicking :/ :D

@sebastian83 The ground and base is straight. The positioning or building make it appear otherwise. Sorry if I came out like I was nitpicking - I was just trying to work out if I was seeing things.

@Designer Not sure if you really like straight images and feel people don't take this basic seriously enough, or if it doesn't matter at all and you think I'm nitpicking :/ :D

Architectural photography is one of my passions. I very much prefer photos that are straight. Some on this forum seem to think calling out tilted images is not welcome, and that I am nit-picking at minor but noticable tilts. If anybody is stringent over this, it is I.

I like the idea and the setting. The light is just too hot for me.

Its nice to see your ghost is fashionable. Ghosts don't get enough credit for that.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back