Abandoned Goodneu Schoolhouse

Interesting subject but, oh man, looks here like drive-by snapshot. First thing: WHAT HAPPENED to the SKY ?!?

Well it was really bright out and not a single cloud to make the sky interesting. However, I was going for a high contrast look. Im not sure what you mean really by it looking like a snap shot. I feel its composed fairly well, its shot lower than almost all windows on any car would be unless you have an exotic or a low rider. Yes its pushed a bit on contrast but I like that. I thought the bright sky played well with the darker ground and I liked how I had the sun peering around the edge, But thank you for your opinion I will consider it in future processing.

Neat old schoolhouse, but in my opinion the photo doesn't do it justice. There isn't enough definition in the building for it stand out as the subject. There is also no visible detail in those three posts, so they tend to feel like dark distractions to me. The blown out sky and that sun glare at the corner of the building don't help the image either. Perhaps a re-shoot on a better day, and zoom in more on the schoolhouse to lose some of the foreground and include more [and a more interesting] sky. Just my two cents.

Off Topic here but your user name seems to cut into your title and text just thought it's worth mentioning. As far as the photo I think a different perspective angle and maybe less foreground elements may work better.

Thanks for the comments. I will keep all of them in mind next time I make the trek out there. I actually went to this location for star trails and took this picture while scouting the area. The fence had signs all over it saying not to trespass and such so I was fairly limited on angles. Here is my failure of a star trail though I had my settings for exposure time wrong and also forgot my remote at home. But this was the reason I was even at this location.

Now that I like, looks scary. That's a chiller movie scene IMO.

Haha well maybe I need to stop using the pics I think are good and start using the ones I think I failed on lol. I liked this star trail too but it just didn't expose long enough for my liking...

That night shot has a really nice spooky feature going on it. I like that one.

hey that's nice! (talking about the second, just in case you wonder) :)

Now, that's interesting shot. Here the vision is clear.

Most reactions

Back