Abandoned Hospital

Thanks everyone! I'm pleased with them, some of the best photos I've taken for quite a while.

Nice Shots,Now I dear ya,go back there a night.

Challenge accepted.

I like the shots themselves, however imo they are way overcooked. Some start to look less like photos and more like paintings.

Tonemapping is a style you either like or dislike. And in terms of tonemappings and being overcooked, these are extremely tame.

Numbers 1 and 4 are your HDR winners, and I would argue that these images are not overcooked.

Number five isn't bad, but doesn't have any focal points, like #4 has.

Good work. More please!

Almost looks like you used a topaz filter. Did you; or is this a HDR?

It is indeed HDR, -2, 0, +2

I like these a lot - some of the nicest HDR shots I've seen on here. Care to share your settings, workflow, secrets? :)

Not a lot to tell really. Open the images in HDR Efex 2, choose a preset that I think works for that particular image then I adjust the sliders to get the look and feel I want.

I try not to overcook my HDR too much (I've gone past that stage) but there are occasions like on number 5 where I felt a slightly more in your face HDR works better.

It is indeed HDR, -2, 0, +2
Ever play with the Topaz filters?

This was done with topaz detail2. It's a plug in for photoshop.

DSC_0463.jpg

Either way they're awesome pix. :hail:

Those are some great shots I love #1! I can't wait to start experimenting with HDR.

The overcooked is great , i would love to see these darkened down and a lot of shadow added .....real spooky style ....

Thanks everyone! I'm pleased with them, some of the best photos I've taken for quite a while.

Challenge accepted.

I would LOVE to spend the night in a place like that! My three room tent, air mattress, sleeping bags, box of goodies, adult beverages, and.of course my side kick, miss a65 ;)

Most reactions

Back