abandoned house pictures

ksmattfish said:
I like the first one. I like the composition, and it has a nice sense of depth. The rubble needs to be burned in a bit; although it could just be the scan or my crappy computer.

Another thing is that the ground out neg carrier border really grabs my attention. I don't know if this is a good thing as I probably spent more time ogling the border than the picture. I really like 100% full frame prints and a black border. I can see how the sloppy border fits with the subject matter, but that neg carrier looks like it was chewed out by beavers! Maybe try one that is a little neater. Save the wild one for subject matter that isn't in danger of being overwhelmed.

you're right the rubble does need to be burned in more...i did a small burn on it but i didn't have time to try another one because these were due for a project for school (i think parts of it need dodged as well...a nice little project for later).

i keep going back and forth on the filed edge. i like the feel it gives to the pictures and i think it fits the subject matter but like you said people get too attracted to the edge. some people have said the pictures would not be the same without it and i feel differently so i might try a black border or go borderless....or not. anyway thanks for your comments :)

Most reactions

Back