Abandoned House

searingflames

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_2591-3.jpg

ooo, neato. where is this and how long do you think it has been abandoned? when it was first loading i thought it was an old old scene, but ther are modern bits as well. love the DOF too.

ooo, neato. where is this and how long do you think it has been abandoned? when it was first loading i thought it was an old old scene, but ther are modern bits as well. love the DOF too.

Serra da Canastra, MG, Brazil. I spent a week there camping and found this house in the middle of nowhere while I was hiking.

I'd say it has been abandoned for around 10 years, maybe more. It was REALLY dirty (there were no insects though, just a few bats that flew away when I kicked the door open). Except for some clothes and other stuff on the floor, everything was kind of "in place". Nothing stolen, broken or anything like that. It seemed like the family (there was some kid school books and drawings too) left in a real hurry or some kind of tragedy happened. When I first entered the house I was expecting to find a corpse :shock::shock:

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Last edited:
Well I gues there was no vandalisim or anything broken or stolen till you "kicked in the door" I am sue that will change soon enough. I think the image is nice enough but the scene is a little too set up.

Well I gues there was no vandalisim or anything broken or stolen till you "kicked in the door" I am sue that will change soon enough. I think the image is nice enough but the scene is a little too set up.

I think I didn't cause any damage because the door wasn't locked, just jammed (probably the wind). When I left I closed the door as hard as I could to "jam it again".

And yeah, I didn't find the table this way. I put the stuff on the table and changed the position of the chair a bit. I don't like doing this but I suddenly had the idea of a photo like this and couldn't resist doing it :mrgreen:

very nice exposure!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back