What's new

Abandoned Mine in the High Sierra

Gadfly

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 31, 2012
Messages
67
Reaction score
10
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
41.jpg
 
Hey Gadfly, I am a fan nice rich colors and sharp images. Not sure what your intent of this photo whether to capture a soft historical setting or more to capture the various colors. I like the scene with the texture on the rocks. I made a few approx adjustments that I would go with for my taste but your photo looks great as is. I'm curious what was the setting like, sunny,cloudy, and about what time of day was it?

$41_2.webp
 
Thanks for your feedback.

Clouds were scattered to broken. The sun had just set behind the ridge where the camera was facing. There was probably some light being thrown by the gleaming granite peaks around. All of this contributed to a softer image, which seemed uncharacteristic of the area, at least to me, as a visitor - most of the time the light was too harsh.

I like your edit. It's a little bright on my monitor, but it's not gaudy either.
 
It seems Pl8fixr may have removed a slight blue/green overcast to the photo. Not much to say about the photo. Being a turn of the century mining fan, I wouldn't mind seeing that in person. Thanks for sharing.
 
That is a fantaaastic image; i like the composition as well as colors :D
 
It seems Pl8fixr may have removed a slight blue/green overcast to the photo. Not much to say about the photo. Being a turn of the century mining fan, I wouldn't mind seeing that in person. Thanks for sharing.

This is the Bennettville mine near Tioga. It's definitely worth a gander.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
 
I like it we have a couple old silver mines here I will take my camera next time. Tthnx for the reminder a nice one at that
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom