Abandoned

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My first attempt at uploading...so here's hoping it works... :?

20535732lg.jpg

This is an image of an abandoned car I came across while hiking in south Georgia. It seemed so desolate I couldn't leave until I'd captured the image. This was taken with Ilford SF-X film and a #25 red filter. I hand tinted the print with photo oils.

I would appreciate photo feedback and critique!! Thanks!

You have to transport from an online hosting site. You can use the Test forum to experiment and then delete after you have been successful.

Actually - I did!!

This, and the other 2 images I posted today were transported from Photoisland...... and I previewed, and the images were all there.

Now -- little red x's!!! :shock: The bane of online existence.....

Um.....anyone have any ideas, why when the image shows up fine on preview I would get X'd out here??

This kinda thing drives me nuts.... :?

well if it doesnt work out ... i'll host them for ya for 2 weeks or so .. send me a pm and i'll send u my email :)

I just got it work in the test forum.....trying again here.....

20535732lg.jpg

Okay, I am seeing it now.... after doing the EXACT thing I did before.... go figure!!

Dew, thanks for the offer.... I still have to fool with the other 2 that didn't work before I feel secure enough to hang with Photoisland, so I may take you up on it yet! Thanks!!!

Terri...Make sure you are using the image tags at each end of the URL. Also some online labs do not allow direct transport of images.

I don't think I would have tinted the whole photo (if could) :lol: ; i would go with ether the car or trees only

Good jod on the tinting

Thanks so much, JM for posting the image.... I had them all showing up earlier today, as you just proved. Even logged out, then back on to make sure, and it seemed to be working fine.

Photoisland was one of the recommendations I picked up from others mentioned here, so if it's going to be this tempermental, I guess everyone should take heed!! :(

Jeff: thanks for the comments. :) It's a rather spartan image, and after tinting the car first, I thought it looked somewhat superimposed over the B&W trees....so I gave them minimalist coloring to kind of pull it together. That was my working rationale. Thanks for posting!!

Well, I'm gonna try to get some moderator feedback on why the images would show up fine for a few hours, then convert to red x's.... makes no sense to me. And it's frustrating. grrrrr... :?

hey there terri,
i liked the photo, it reminded me of when i lived in north georgia and people would abandoned there old cars in the forest, fields or wherever!

I think the photo would look fantastic in B&W as well, possibly adding a bit of diffuse glow from photoshop to give it an 'infrared' photography feel.

i think its a cool shot!
Cheers,
Mark

Thanks Mark! First off, how do you get from living in Georgia over to New Zealand?? If you can give me a hint, I'll be your neighbor. :wink: New Zealand always has seemed so beautiful to me, and I seem to be stuck in Atlanta!! :) (Hey- do you like Neil Finn?? He's one of my musical faves and I always ask everyone I meet from NZ this question) hee hee...

Actually, this is "faux" infrared....that Ilford SF-X film. So it probably would enjoy a little PS enhancement. Note that pool of light in the upper RT hand corner....hmmmm... Now I am gonna have to see if I have any more B&W prints of this so I can play with it a little. I hand tinted this one and attempted toning another - the toner was past its prime and that experiment did not turn out well.

Thanks again!!

Most reactions

Back