weepete

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.petecrawford.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently I was in Aberdeen with a little time to kill, so I went to the beach. There were quite a few structures but I struggled to get them to work compositionally. I quite like this one though.

Aberdeen Beach 01 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like this one too weepete

Lovely shot

Great shot.

I want to wait and watch the wave come in..........not working..........I'll be back.

Haha, thanks mate. It was cool the way the waves were breaking and the structures that were formed. Sometimes they broke in the centre of the posts like this one, other times they formed tubes and the offshore wind was creating some airborne spray.

Great range of tones!

Thanks, originally I had too much contrast on my first edit, but changed it by lifting the shadows a little and adding a bit of mid tone contrast back in. I do find setting the white and black point helps a lot. Still need to fix the sky up a bit I think.

Very nice shot.

WesternGuy

Thanks! I'd seen quite a few long exposure shots before being here, so thought I'd go a different way with this one.

I like this one too weepete

Lovely shot

Thanks! I have quite a few iterations of this shot, from further back getting closer to here, working the scene. There were A few of them I thought may be more interesting but getting close and refining the composition by cutting out the elements that didn't add anything left me with this which I thought was the strongest once I was in post.

Very nice, this is quite a popular shot from the photographers in my area, normally see it with the tide in a the water milky. Quite nice to see something different.

Thanks Mark!

I'd seen quite a few milky water shots before I was here so I thought I'd go more traditional on this one. The structure created as the waves broke around the posts caught my eye, so I was keen to capture that with the detail in the waves.

Beautiful colors and love the leading line out to the wave! I totally understand why you went portrait orientation here but I would love to see this in landscape orientation. Having the coastline in the shot with this camera orientation throws my eye off.

Tried evening up the sky a little in the original.

Beautiful colors and love the leading line out to the wave! I totally understand why you went portrait orientation here but I would love to see this in landscape orientation. Having the coastline in the shot with this camera orientation throws my eye off.

Thanks SquarePeg, I quite like landscapes in portrait orientation (as it looks like a window to me :) ) But here you go: not as strong as the first IMO

Aberdeen Beach 02 by wee_pete, on Flickr

Agree your original is stronger! Also, looking on my desktop now and not my phone makes the portrait seem less like I'm missing the sides.

Most reactions

Back