Drumheller flats

Nice capture - what you are seeing is part of the Alberta prairies, which is why it is so flat. One of my favourite areas to photograph. If it was mine, I would probably have lightened up the foreground a bit more to show more detail in the "flat land".

You should see the clouds in the summer, when the thunderstorms start to build up in the late afternoon.

I also hope you got to see the "badlands" which aren't so "flat".

WesternGuy

That's FLAT! Nicely captured.
Beautiful!
Really nice! And I always suspected it was flat despite all that round earth propaganda!

Thanks all ! :)

Nice capture - what you are seeing is part of the Alberta prairies, which is why it is so flat. One of my favourite areas to photograph. If it was mine, I would probably have lightened up the foreground a bit more to show more detail in the "flat land". You should see the clouds in the summer, when the thunderstorms start to build up in the late afternoon. I also hope you got to see the "badlands" which aren't so "flat". WesternGuy

Exactly :), We travelled around the world, and this part was West to East Canada. After Calgary, we visited the Tyrrell Dinosaur museum in the badlands (greatest museum ever?) and also the 11 bridges to Wayne. Then in the evening I took this shot just before sunset on the way to Medicine Hat.
I do like your thinking for lighting up the foreground more, and trust me, I done it a lot and back again, never made up my mind. I decided to keep it darker in this one, because the sun was going down making it darker anyway, and despite this being a HDR, I did not want to go for the HDR look. The darker foreground for me also adds drama to the picture :)

Nice capture - what you are seeing is part of the Alberta prairies, which is why it is so flat. One of my favourite areas to photograph. If it was mine, I would probably have lightened up the foreground a bit more to show more detail in the "flat land". You should see the clouds in the summer, when the thunderstorms start to build up in the late afternoon. I also hope you got to see the "badlands" which aren't so "flat". WesternGuy

Exactly :), We travelled around the world, and this part was West to East Canada. After Calgary, we visited the Tyrrell Dinosaur museum in the badlands (greatest museum ever?) and also the 11 bridges to Wayne. Then in the evening I took this shot just before sunset on the way to Medicine Hat.
I do like your thinking for lighting up the foreground more, and trust me, I done it a lot and back again, never made up my mind. I decided to keep it darker in this one, because the sun was going down making it darker anyway, and despite this being a HDR, I did not want to go for the HDR look. The darker foreground for me also adds drama to the picture :)

Glad you got to see all the "good stuff" around Drumheller. I live a couple of hours drive from there and spend a fair bit of time, when I can, photographing the wide variety of landscapes in the area.

WesternGuy

Very nice.
Living here in the Alberta prairie, we like to say that it is 'Big Sky Country' as we point out scenes and photos like this.

Also, one of my favorite things about that particular area is the dramatic change in scenery as you are driving along in this very flat landscape, then suddenly drop into the 'badlands' where it looks completely different.

Very nice.
Living here in the Alberta prairie, we like to say that it is 'Big Sky Country' as we point out scenes and photos like this.

Also, one of my favorite things about that particular area is the dramatic change in scenery as you are driving along in this very flat landscape, then suddenly drop into the 'badlands' where it looks completely different.

Agree, I hope to go back one day...!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back