About speed lights..flash

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can i use a
ikon Speedlight SB-50DX shoe mount flash for Nikon on my d500... or Speedlight SB-900 AF Shoe Mount flash on my D500.. i really do not take many indoor photos.. just need some extra light once in awhile.. any suggestions.. thanks

If you already have the SB50, fine, if you're going to buy one, buy the SB900 (or better yet, an SB800). The SB50 is [relatively] old, used harder-to-find lithium batteries vice standard AA, and is rather lackluster in the power department. The only downside to the 900 I'm aware of is a propensity for overheating when used heavily, but that's probably not a concern for you.

If you already have the SB50, fine, if you're going to buy one, buy the SB900 (or better yet, an SB800). The SB50 is [relatively] old, used harder-to-find lithium batteries vice standard AA, and is rather lackluster in the power department. The only downside to the 900 I'm aware of is a propensity for overheating when used heavily, but that's probably not a concern for you.
thank you very much.. i will get the 900.....

Good choices: SB 800,SB900,SB910. ALL were once Nikon's TOP-model flash, and all are sturdy, robust flash units. I think a used SB900 would be a fine flash for you.

Can i use a
ikon Speedlight SB-50DX shoe mount flash for Nikon on my d500... or Speedlight SB-900 AF Shoe Mount flash on my D500.. i really do not take many indoor photos.. just need some extra light once in awhile.. any suggestions.. thanks
By now you most likely have the new strobe of your choice---but if not, consider (if you can find one) the little
SB400. Compact and competent, always does the job--check out Ken Rockwell's thoughts on this. I use mine on most every exposure I make.
Get the image

Can i use a
By now you most likely have the new strobe of your choice---but if not, consider (if you can find one) the little
SB400. Compact and competent, always does the job--check out Ken Rockwell's thoughts on this. I use mine on most every exposure I make.
Get the image
no i did not purchase yet so i appreciate your post.. i will look into it.. thank you

My SB-600 and SB-800 units have always been very reliable. Great units.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back