About to order D3000, anything I forgot?

AG74683

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
About a day away from placing my order.

In my cart is

D3000 kit with 2 lenses (18-55, 55-200, both VR)
Kit includes
Extra battery, SD Card, Gadget bag, card reader, lens cleaning kit, a few random DVDs, and a memory card storage wallet thing.

also getting

Hoya HMC 52mm Circular Polarizer filter
Nikon ML-L3 Wireless remote
Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson

I am going to wait a bit for a tripod. I think my best bet there is to head to a photo shop and pick one which fits me rather than taking a shot in the dark.

Anything I may have forgotten?

Save $15 or more and get the $4 (shipped) remote off eBay, it'll be like getting your book for free.

Otherwise looks like a pretty good start. Gadget bag, is that a camera bag? If not, you might want one of those.

About a day away from placing my order.

In my cart is

D3000 kit with 2 lenses (18-55, 55-200, both VR)
Kit includes
Extra battery, SD Card, Gadget bag, card reader, lens cleaning kit, a few random DVDs, and a memory card storage wallet thing.

also getting

Hoya HMC 52mm Circular Polarizer filter
Nikon ML-L3 Wireless remote
Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson

I am going to wait a bit for a tripod. I think my best bet there is to head to a photo shop and pick one which fits me rather than taking a shot in the dark.

Anything I may have forgotten?
A speedlight would be nice.

Save $15 or more and get the $4 (shipped) remote off eBay, it'll be like getting your book for free.

Otherwise looks like a pretty good start. Gadget bag, is that a camera bag? If not, you might want one of those.

Definitely agree. I got my Canon IR remote for like $5 on eBay brand new. Definitely the way to go.

If you're not getting a speedlight then pick up a tripod or a tripod and no speedlight. You will be wanting one or the other pretty bad. Tripod is easy to pick online it's not like a camera body or something.

In this "kit" is it a kit you made up or some package deal. Often times the stuff in those "kits" is really cheap like the sd card and battery. They might not be the quality that you want. If you made the kit then disregard that little bit.

Is that gadget bag like a camera bag? If not a camera bag is pretty important. Safe and secure way to carry around your expensive investment.
TJ

yeah gadget bag = camera bag.

The kit components are good, looked up each and every one individually and they all checked out.

As for the Tripod, I think I want to go mess with them at a camera shop, mostly because I do not know if I want a ball or pan and tilt.

Most reactions

Back