What's new

old bowens flash meters...

puyjapin

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
759
Reaction score
0
Location
Warwickshire UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
does anyone know if these old items are worth anything?? i have got 2 old flash meters which are not that much use with digital. id say they are late 60s/70s...
does anyone use this type of equipment thesedays??
 
Why wouldn't they be useful with digital?

Light is light.
 
Or your camera's built in light meter.
 
cant i just use the histogram?
Yes, absolutely. But there are still many uses for a flash meter.

For example, when you want to know or set your lighting ratios between main, fill, hair lights etc.

Or your camera's built in light meter.
That won't work for metering external flash.
 
I must be blind, I don't see where external flash was mentioned :lol:
 
so all in all they are worth keeping?? in conjunction with my used bowend lights i bought?
 
I must be blind, I don't see where external flash was mentioned

Title of the thread...
old bowens flash meters...

I figured if they have flash meters....they might be wanting to measure flash. ;)

so all in all they are worth keeping?? in conjunction with my used bowend lights i bought?
If you've got some studio lights, then absolutely yes I'd want to have a flash meter to go along with them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom