What's new

Abstract-ish urban shots - CC please

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
4,821
Reaction score
286
Location
Montreal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Trying my hand at capturing lines and angles in the city, in a more abstract way.

These were shot last Saturday night, would love to hear opinions, thoughts, comments, whatever :)

Both shots are hand held but sharpness could of been improved with a tripod. I was indoors and a guard had already warned me that using my tripod indoors was against the rules, hence the wider aperture and higher ISO. He said he had seen me with my tripod on one of his cameras (even though I wasn't using it, I just put it down to take a picture)

1- 10mm, ISO 400, 1/20, f/3.5
4096493525_d8b2151ba5_o.jpg


2- 22mm, ISO 200, 1/25, f/4.5
4096493347_887a19ffc2_o.jpg


Thanks for looking
 
i really like the 2nd shot. i like the lines of the railing as it flows down the hallway. the first shot is nice too altho i dont think it has the same feel as the 2nd IMO...its much more abstract (buts thats what you were going for haha) they are both great shots im just fond of the 2nd shot. nice work
 
i like the first one. it makes me feel like every direction is up, its deffinetly abstract... good job! and im glad the are b/w i think color would have killed them both. :)
 
these are good photos bt, technically sound. i think the use of some simple props (sunglasses, discarded coffee cup etc.) might have added that extra element that's missing here.
 
Like the first one alot, second one I don't like so much.

The tiles at the bottom aren't entirely squared up, which annoys me.
There's a blurry thing in the bottom right?
 
Thanks for the comments...

I see that an extra element might be of interest in the second picture (sunglasses, a shoe)... and that might make a good picture, but I feel that having something more "real" looking would remove from the abstractishness of the shot. But I see what you mean about missing something... maybe from further back with a longer zoom so as to cut on the empty space on the sides?

As for the blurry thing, I totally missed that. There is actually another set of handrail supports that I am shooting right in. I took a photo further out with this set of supports in, but didnt like it. Thanks for picking up on that!!

You guys got my creativeness going... thanks for the comments :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom